According to Ayurveda, each of us has a unique mix of three mind and body principles, which creates our specific mental and physical characteristics. These three principles are called doshas.
The three doshas are known as: Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Your dosha type will be determined by taking a quiz to find the best diet for your body type.
Students will then partake in learning to make the following recipes:
- Moongi Dal (Mung lentils)
- Gajar Mutter (Curried carrots & green peas)
- Basmati Rice with Ghee (clarified butter)
- Hindustani Sooji Halva (semolina based dessert with ghee, nuts & berries)
- Buttermilk Lassi (cold refreshing drink) *OR Masala Chai (spiced tea) - *client choice!
THIS CLASS WILL BE ENLIGHTENING AS YOU DETERMINE YOUR AYURVEDIC BODY TYPE OR PRAKRITI (YOUR BODY'S NATURAL STATE OF BEING) ACCORDING TO AYURVEDA.
Duration: 2.5 hours
Cost: $150 per person